30 years ago, SER was founded by a group of researchers passionate about sharing knowledge across the world and promoting ecological restoration as a solution to environmental degradation.
Today, SER serves the world by promoting cutting-edge research, supporting global policy change, and providing critical resources about ecological restoration to the international community.
Donate to SER and support our work to advance the science, practice and policy of ecological restoration to sustain biodiversity, improve resilience in a changing climate, and re-establish an ecologically healthy relationship between nature and culture.
Will you help? Give now
30th Birthday Celebration!
Donations to SER's funds in any amount help advance our mission! Every donor will receive a SER 30th Birthday sticker as an appreciation of your support for SER programs and services.
- As a thank you for gifts of $100-$299 you will receive a set of SER watercolor notecards created by Bazany Design for SER. Artist Sheri Bazany is passionate about visual design for the natural world and curated this custom set of nine notecards to showcase the North American flora and fauna that inspired her as she developed as an artist.
- As a thank you for gifts of $300-$499 you will receive a signed copy of Toward a Natural Forest by Jim Furnish, former SER board member and former Deputy Chief of the USDA Forest Service and Siuslaw National Forest Supervisor.
||Toward a Natural Forest, by Jim Furnish, former Deputy Chief of the USDA Forest Service and Siuslaw National Forest Supervisor. Toward a Natural Forest offers an insider’s view of a tumultuous time in the history of the Forest Service, presenting twin tales of transformation, both within the agency and within the author’s evolving environmental consciousness. While stewarding our national forests with the best of intentions, had the Forest Service diminished their ecological values?
- As a thank you for gifts of $500-$999 you will receive a signed copy of Our Once and Future Planet by Paddy Woodworth, SER member.
||Our Once and Future Planet by Paddy Woodworth. The environmental movement is plagued by pessimism - with so many complicated, seemingly intractable problems facing the planet, it’s hard not to focus on the negative. But that paints an unbalanced picture of environmental stewardship today. There are success stories, and Woodworth delivers a fascinating account of one of the most impressive areas of current environmental experimentation and innovation: ecological restoration.
- As a thank you for gifts of $1,000-$1,499 you will receive a signed Ecological Restoration by SER members Andre Clewell (former chair) and James Aronson (current board member).
||Ecological Restoration by Andre Clewell and James Aronson. This book offers a comprehensive account of the field for everyone who initiates, finances, designs, manages, and implements ecological restoration projects, and all those who serve in supportive roles. This revised and reorganized edition brings the book up to date with new developments and current trends in the field. (Available in English, Spanish, and Portuguese)
- As a thank you for gifts of $1,500-2,999, you will receive a watercolor print poster designed by artist Sheri Bazany for SER
- For a gift of $3,000 or more, SER will honor you in the Restorationists' Circle and we will send you the watercolor print poster designed by artist Sheri Bazany exclusively for SER.