"It All Starts with the Soil..."
SER Ontario Symposium 2014
: March 1, 2014
: University of Guelph,
: To focus on the role of “soil” in ecological restoration
Speakers to include:
- Develop a working framework for what we mean by “soil”: traditional, constructed, artificial;
- Identify the kinds of impacts sustained by soils: chemical; physical; biological; other?
- Identify solutions that will contribute to sustainability of projects and assist with adaptation to global change.
- Richard Heck, Soils and Landscape Processes, School of Environmental Sciences, University of Guelph Soil Morphology At Several Scales
- Dave Kroetsch, Senior Soil Resource Specialist, Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada Soil Essentials for Restoration
- Mike MacTavish, University of Waterloo Earthworms and Soil
- Autumn Watkinson, Laurentian University Surrogate Soils
- Chris Morrison, Arborist and Urban Soil Management Healing the Soil: BMPs for urban soils
- Maren Oelbermann, Department of Environment and Agroecosystems to restore degraded soil and sequester Resource Studies, University of Waterloo carbon
Poster time until 5:30 followed by
Pub night: How to get a job in soil science or ecological restoration.
NOW ACCEPTING ABSTRACTS FOR POSTER PRESENTATIONS
The Abstracts should include the following information:
- Title of proposed Presentation.
- Name(s) of Author(s) with affiliation(s) and email address(es.)
- Underlined Name of Presenter with email address.
- Abstract in MS Word (12 point font) no more than 300 words
- Special Requirements if any.
These Abstracts should be emailed to email@example.com with “SERO 2014—Abstract
” in the subject line. All Abstracts received by February 1st, 2014 will be acknowledged. The accepted Abstracts will be identified through email to presenter by February 5th, 2014